The Mission Workshop Radian Travel Pack
Designed to Navigate Any Environment
The Mission Workshop Radian travel pack is designed to seamlessly transition through almost any environment with all the gear required for longer journeys. The clever configuration of the bag allows the entire front panel to zip open so that it can be packed flat like a suitcase while retaining a roll-top closure for quick access to essential gear. Built with an internal aluminum frame, plush breathable back panel and constructed to dimensions that fit within most carry-on guidelines, the Radian is a single-bag solution for extended trips. Durable, weatherproof, and made by hand in small batches in the USA the Radian by Mission Workshop is built to endure a lifetime of adventure.
The Radian is a 42-liter pack designed to seamlessly navigate almost any environment with all the gear required for longer journeys. The elegance of The Radian lies in its configuration. The entire front panel zips open so that it can be packed flat like a suitcase, while at the same time maintaining the classic Mission Workshop roll-top closure for quick access to essential gear. (The roll top can be used with or without velcro.)
The Radian has dedicated laptop, iPad, and water bottle pockets so that it can be used as a single-bag solution for extended trips – replacing a rolling suitcase and pack/messenger combo. Traveling without rollers (with two free hands) is especially liberating when facing subway stairs, cobblestones, and gravel roads. In addition, The Radian is fully Arkiv® compatible allowing for further expansion and customization with the easy attachment of weatherproof pockets and organizers to the exterior of the pack. The back panel of the pack is plush and breathable with an internal aluminum frame so that it can be carried comfortably all day. The back harness is adjustable in height to accommodate a range of body sizes ensuring a perfect fit. An optional waist belt is available for carrying exceptionally heavy loads.
The Radian can either be carried onboard or checked for airline travel. Its dimensions are within the carry-on guidelines for many airlines and its shoulder straps can be concealed with a hidden zippered panel when being checked. Although The Radian has a clean minimalist silhouette that blends perfectly with the cityscape, it is extremely durable and weatherproof allowing it to excel in rugged backcountry and off the beaten path travel destinations. It was specifically designed without large exterior branding elements, bright colors, or a lot of exterior straps for a low-key look that doesn’t scream “tourist”.
The main body of the pack is made from Mission Workshop’s advanced HT500 textile incorporating high-tenacity yarn resulting in a refined lightweight fabric that is abrasion and tear-resistant. HT500 also has a special water-resistant coating that gives it extra structure and allows it to patina and naturally distress with age similar to leather or waxed cotton. Unlike many nylon fabrics, HT500 fabric looks better the more you use it.
Made by hand in small batches in the USA. Built to endure. Guaranteed forever.
- Can be used as a top loader AND/OR a front panel loader
- Roll-top can be used with or without velcro
- Dedicated zippered padded laptop compartment (fits up to 15.5” laptop)
- Dedicated iPad/tablet or hydration bladder compartment
- Water bottle pocket
- Interior zippered organizational pockets on the underside of main front flap
- Stowaway shoulder straps so the pack can be checked
- Plush padded back panel with aluminum stays
- Adjustable-height sternum strap
- Adjustable-height shoulder strap and harness system to fit varied body types
- Two optional/removable waist belt options (low profile and heavy load)
- Incorporates Mission Workshop’s “floating liner”
- Weatherproof construction
- Constructed with Mission Workshop’s advanced HT500 textile
- Arkiv six rail attachment system for the addition of front and side accessories
- Made in the USA
- Height: 22” (fully compressed)
- Height: 26.5” (with maximum rolltop extension)
- Width: 14”
- Depth: 6”
For more information on the Radian and other Mission Workshop products, visit missionworkshop.com MSRP $585