Father’s Day Gift Guide – Fitness Dad
While ties make for a great pragmatic Father’s Day gift, why not change it up this year and grab your Dad, Husband, GrandFather, or Father-in-law something that will get used on more than just special occasions? We have gathered together and tested several items in which you are sure to find something that’ll please Pops on Father’s Day.
Ottolock is designed for cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts who need a compact and lightweight locking security solution. With 18-millimeters of multi-layer steel and Kevlar® bands the Ottolock provides excellent resistance to cutting, and it’s coated with chip-resistant Cerakote® paint and Santoprene® plastic to save itself from rust, and Dad’s bike from scratches. The lock features an integrated 3-digit resettable combination lock, with indexed number dials for error-free setting. It’s stronger than a cable lock, and perfect for short-stay security to protect against theft opportunists.
Secure Dad’s Gear.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighs only 120g – 235g and is easily stowed. So light and portable you won’t even know you are carrying it.
- COMPACT: Coils to a diameter under 3 inches. Keep it in or around your saddle bag, backpack, in your pocket, or anywhere you want.
- SECURE: Multi-layer steel and Kevlar® bands (18mm wide) make it very cut-resistant, and stronger than cable locks.
- DURABLE: Chip-resistant Cerakote® paint and Santoprene® plastic that will not scuff or harm finishes.
- RESETTABLE COMBINATION: 3-dial combination lock. You may also reset the combo as needed.
MSRP $55 – 80 www.ottodesignworks.com
Velotoze Cycling Socks and Shoe Covers
Let Dad enjoy his rides, even in the cold and rain with innovative products from Velotoze that help cyclists Outsmart The Elements™. Made of made of a flexible, lightweight material that doesn’t retain water when wet, the Velotoze Shoe Covers not only keep feet dry and protected, they also aid in aerodynamics, reducing drag over the heavy shoes that most of us wear. Add in a pair of Velotoze Merino wool socks and you have a winning combination that will help Dad ride on.
Outsmart the Elements
- Water-resistant: designed to fully cover your shoe with a water-proof material that keeps fog, mist and road splash off your bike shoes
- Windproof: windproof materials keep your feet warm, even on cool mornings (10C/50F to 18C/65F)
- Lightweight: made of a flexible, lightweight material that doesn’t retain water when wet
- No zippers: innovative design flexes over your shoe, so there are no vulnerability points like zippers or velcro
- Aerodynamic: smooth, flexible material creates a form-fitting design
- Compact: easily fits in jersey pocket or saddle bag
MSRP $13 – 20 www.velotoze.com
CamelBak Chase Bike Vest
The Chase™ bike vest is designed for those who want a minimal approach to carrying gear on the trails without sacrificing hydration or performance. Give Dad the ability to pack lighter and ride faster with focused features like quick access front harness and stretch overflow pockets. Stay cool and hydrated with 3-D vent mesh and the 1.5-liter Crux™ reservoir. This streamlined vest is a great addition for riders seeking a low-bulk option for staying hydrated while hitting the trails.
Keep Dad Hydrated
- 1.5L CRUX™ Reservoir: Faster flow rate for better hydration
- Front Harness Pockets: Conveniently located for quick access
- 3D Vent Mesh: Multi-directional air flow and cushioning to maximize comfort and breathability
- Dual Adjustable Sternum Straps: Offer a range of adjustments for a custom, comfortable fit and increased stability
- Stretch Overflow Pocket: Quickly stash or shed a layer or rain shell
- Quick Stow Compatible: Optimized to fit Quick Stow flasks in front harness pocket
MSRP $100 www.camelbak.com
Nite Ize INOVA STS Rechargeable Headlamp
The Nite Ize INOVA STS Rechargeable Headlamp packs 280 lumens of illumination into a lightweight design that’s ideal for running, hiking, and navigating when the sun is down. This rechargeable, dual-power, waterproof, two-color LED, multi-mode headlamp with Swipe-To-Shine® technology can run on its included Lithium Ion battery, or on three AAA batteries while the other recharges. That means no delays in waiting to use the light while it recharges. The waterproof, impact-resistant body of the PowerSwitch is designed around the innovative Swipe Pad. This Swipe-To-Shine (STS) technology allows Dad to activate the light, easily change between the white or red light, or change between the four modes: high, variable dim, strobe, or lock-out. When lock out mode is activated there is no need to worry that the light will turn on while being transported or stored. It’s so light and convenient that Dad won’t leave it home no matter what the adventure calls for.
Swipe to Light
- 280 Lumens
- Dual power source: runs on included rechargeable 3.7V Lithium Ion battery pack (1100mAh) or three AAA batteries
- Dual LED colors: white and red
- Four modes: high, variable dim, strobe, and lock-out
- Recharges in approximately 2 hours
- Waterproof (IPX7)
- Impact resistant (drop proof to 2 meters)
- Durable polycarbonate body
- Comfortable, high quality strap
- Includes: rechargeable Lithium Ion battery pack and micro USB cable
- Red LEDs will blink three times when battery life has 5 minutes remaining in high mode
- Dimensions: 2.5″ x 1.9″ x 1.8″ | 63mm x 48mm x 45mm
- Weight: 2.3oz | 66g
MSRP $60 www.niteize.com
JBL Reflect Mini 2
Designed for the demanding active lifestyle, the JBL Reflect Mini 2 Wireless Headphones provide immersive quality sound with an ultra-secure fit that doesn’t wander out of the ear when running, hiking, and working out. The ergonomic silicone tips and patented Freebit™ enhancers engage securely without slipping out, even when sweating profusely and moving swiftly. The ear tips are customizable with 3 sizes available, and they pair with interchangeable tips and wings for added security and comfort. Its sweatproof, lightweight aluminum design is stylish and the three-button remote and mic allow for easy pausing and switching of tracks, as well as taking calls without digging through pockets or a pack. Its reflective cable will keep Dad more visible during his nighttime routines. And with 10 hours of battery life powering signature JBL sound, he can use them through longer workouts and commutes without them dying prematurely. A cool feature that Dad is sure to love is the speed charge, plug them in for only 15 minutes and gain an hour of listening time, which is nice when time is tight.
Designed for Movement
- Bluetooth 4.2 interface – Enables simple wireless pairing with your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Rechargeable battery – Offers up to 10 hours of use on a charge.
- Speed Charge – 15 minute charge delivers an hour of listening.
- Sweatproof – Ramp up workouts the IPX-5 water resistant rating can handle it.
- Reflective – Designed for ultimate visibility at night.
- Built-in microphone – Enables simple hands-free chatting via a compatible device.
- In-ear design – Fits securely and directs music into your ears for full, uninterrupted audio.
MSRP $99 www.jbl.com
Wiley X Omega Sunglasses
Protect Dad’s eyeballs from trail debris and sun, the Wiley X Omega Sunglasses will keep his view of the trail clear while delivering rock-solid optics every step of the way. The Polarized Crimson Mirror lenses eliminate the intense glare on those bright runs while enhancing contrast and visibility, making sure Dad sees every rock and root that might sneak up on him. Built to take a spill, the impact-absorbing VO ballistic frame is highly stress-resistant and won’t even balk at those low-hanging branches or the accidental drops. Double injected rubber grips on the nose provide a sure, comfortable fit that increases its grip when the going gets sweaty, allowing for clear comfortable vision all run long.
- Shatterproof Selenite™ Polycarbonate Lenses that Meet ANSI Z87.1-2010 High Velocity and High Mass Impact Standards as well as US Federal OSHA 1910.133(b)(1)(1) Standards
- 100 percent UVA/UVB Protection with Distortion-Free Clarity
- T-Shell™ Lens Coating Resists Scratching in Extreme Environments
- Polarized Crimson Mirror Lens is Excellent for Constant Sun or Very Bright Conditions. Reduces Glare and Improves Contrast; Light Transmission 15%
- Double-Injected Rubber Nose Piece for Non-Slip Comfort
- Rx Ready
MSRP $130 www.wileyx.com
Jaybird Run Truly Wireless Headphones will make sure Dad doesn’t pull out a cord on his runs. The truly wireless earbuds and bluetooth connectivity gets rid of that annoying cord, and theses small buds deliver a premium stereo sound for ear pleasing crisp clear music. Jaybird includes an app that allows for complete customized sound, so Dad can pump up the bass or treble and create his perfect sound profile. The Jaybird Run True Wireless headphones deliver a radically freeing experience while imparting a secure comfortable fit. The earbuds are locked and loaded with 4 hours of powerful sound on a single charge and an additional 8 hrs with the portable charging case, they are also sweat-proof and water-resistance, so there is no need to worry about sweat or rain. Here is your chance to make Dad’s wires and worries a thing of the past, free his run with Jaybird Run – No more wires, No more worries.
- 4 hour play time + 8 hour charge case
- Fast charge – 5 minute charge = 1 hour play time
- Secure + Comfort-Fit with interchangeable tips and fins
- Customize your sound with the Jaybird app
- Sweat-proof and water resistant
- Music + Calls
MSRP $180 www.jaybirdsport.com
The Matrix PowerWatch is the world’s first smartwatch that Dad will never have to charge. Powered by body heat, the Powerwatch measures calories burned, activity level, and sleep using an advanced thermoelectric technology. The PowerWatch runs off of the body’s thermoelectricity and when the watch is removed, all data is stored in the memory and the watch goes to sleep; put it back on and the watch turns back on right where it left off. It’s got a power meter that tells how much electricity the body heat is producing. Let Pops show off just how powerful he is by showing off the watch’s power meter to his buddies displaying just how much electrical power his body is generating.
Powered by Dad
- No charging – harvests body heat for power
- Track calories, sleep, steps and more
- Water resistant up to 50M
- Military-Grade Nylon Strap
- Sync data to iOS or Android Devices
MSRP $199 www.powerwatch.com