AVEX Highland Autoseal Stainless Matte Travel Mug Review
Initial thoughts on AVEX Highland Autoseal Stainless Matte Travel Mug
The Avex highland mug is the best travel mug that I have had to date. It looks great, feels great and best of all truly does as advertised. It is engineered to keep my tea and coffee hot for 7 +, and drinks cold for up to 20 hrs.
The Avex highland mug has a sleek look. The autoseal technology provides a leak and spill proof mug.
Bonus feature is that it’s dishwasher safe.
The Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug is a double wall vacuum-insulated mug. This mug also features a one-touch Autoseal lid technology, with button lock, that automatically seals between drinks to eliminate spills and leaks.
- Vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot for up to 7 hours or cold for up to 20 hours.
- Patented AUTOSEAL technology for 100% leak-proof and 100% spill-proof performance.
- One-handed operation for convenient drinking during activities – just press the button to sip; release the button to automatically seal the mug.
- Button toggles to lock, preventing accidentally pressing the button while on the go.
- Double-wall stainless steel construction eliminates external condensation.
- Sleek design fits car cup holders.
- Exclusive, patent-pending, dishwasher-safe base design grips table tops and reduces clanking.
- Made from 100% FDA-approved materials.
- Top-rack dishwasher safe.
Volume: 20 oz.
Performance of the AVEX Highland Autoseal Stainless Matte Travel Mug
To test the limits I poured tea into my Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug at 6 am and kept the lid closed until 3 pm. I was surprised to find my tea was still warm 8 hours later. I tested the cold feature in much the same way. I filled my Avex highland mug with cold water at 9 pm and left it on my night stand over night until 9 am the next day. When I woke up I took a sip, voila it was still cold! The double-walled stainless steel construction keeps liquids hot while the outside is never hot to the touch.
The Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug has a sleek look about it. The body of the mug is matted black. The lid is black and mine has a green button that engages the Avex autoseal technology. The girth of the mug is great for both male and female sized hands to grasp. And the mug size fits car cup holders well.
The Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug is simple enough to use. See pictures below. Once the lid is on then it’s essentially a one handed mug. To secure from leaking just push the lid’s only button down to activate the Avex locking mechanism. And off you go with all your bags in one hand and your travel mug in the other hand. Rest assured you won’t spill a drop because the Avex highland autoseal mechanism is amazing and will prevent any accidents. Plus you just pushed the Avex highland locking mechanism button into the locked position. If you want a drink from follow two simple steps: push the button up to the unlock position, then push in and take a drink. I have noticed a few times that to go from the locked position to the unlocked position I do need both hands. Mainly because the autoseal button is a bit rigid. But once in the unlocked position it is super easy to push the Autoseal button in and take sips one handed.
For an overview see picture below.
- As per AVEX website www.avexsport.com
- To attach the lid, apply slight downward pressure and rotate counter-clockwise until you hear a
click and lid falls into place. Then rotate lid clockwise to tighten completely.
As if the Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug hasn’t already proven itself, but to top it off you can use and put in the dishwasher. Wow that speaks volumes. Being dishwasher safe is a huge bonus.
For cleaning instructions as per the AVEX website www.avexsport.com
- Wash thoroughly before first use.
- RINSH LID IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH — USE with warm
water, pressing the AUTOSEAL button so water
flows through the Drink Spout and Vent Hole.
- Both lid and body are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- If washing by hand, soak the lid for 10 minutes in hot, soapy tap water. Hand-wash the body with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse both the lid and body thoroughly before use.
- ALWAYS STORE MUG WITH LID REMOVED to allow parts to dry completely.
Final thoughts of the AVEX Highland Autoseal Stainless Matte Travel Mug
The Avex highland autoseal stainless matte travel mug is great. It’s has a sleek matted look. It is a leak and spill proof one handed mug. If you are like 99% of the world you are always juggling every aspect of your life and thus you shouldn’t have to worry about juggling your hot drink!
MRSP: $24.99 For more information please visit: www.avexsport.com